Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by cj91 <Jo...@argushealth.com> on 2009/09/04 20:57:16 UTC

Is *anyone* sucessfully running CXF with WS-SECURITY in Webshere?

I don't think it's possible to run CXF in a production Websphere environment
that requires ws-security. I've tried every trick in the mailing list and
wiki pages:

Did try:
Exclude saaj-impl from build
Exclude saaj-impl from build and install web services feature pack.
Include saaj-impl and install web services feature pack.
Put JAX-RI in shared lib with Parent First/Last
Put latest xerces-impl in shared lib with Parent First/Last

Did not try:
put Endorsed Dir (not an option for us)

This the exception. I think we're going to have to migrate off of CXF
unfortunately... ;-(

[9/4/09 13:50:41:212 CDT] 0000001f PhaseIntercep W
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain doIntercept Interceptor has
thrown exception, unwinding now
                                 org.w3c.dom.DOMException:
HIERARCHY_REQUEST_ERR: An attempt was made to insert a node where it is not
permitted.
	at org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.insertBefore(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.dom.NodeImpl.appendChild(Unknown Source)
	at
com.ibm.ws.webservices.engine.xmlsoap.SOAPPart.appendChild(SOAPPart.java:282)
	at
org.apache.cxf.staxutils.W3CDOMStreamWriter.setChild(W3CDOMStreamWriter.java:114)
	at
org.apache.cxf.staxutils.W3CDOMStreamWriter.newChild(W3CDOMStreamWriter.java:104)
	at
org.apache.cxf.staxutils.W3CDOMStreamWriter.writeStartElement(W3CDOMStreamWriter.java:132)
	at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.interceptor.SoapOutInterceptor.writeSoapEnvelopeStart(SoapOutInterceptor.java:118)
	at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.interceptor.SoapOutInterceptor.handleMessage(SoapOutInterceptor.java:80)
	at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.interceptor.SoapOutInterceptor.handleMessage(SoapOutInterceptor.java:61)
	at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterc

Re: Is *anyone* sucessfully running CXF with WS-SECURITY in Webshere?

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Tue September 8 2009 1:27:48 pm cj91 wrote:
> cj91 wrote:
> > Forgot to mention this is WS 6.1 with Fixpack 23 and CXF 2.2.3.
> >
> > any help or experience is desperately needed.
>
> For anyone in a situation like ours, let me share the solution. We are
> running WS6.1 FP 23 without the web services feature pack.
>
> Create a shared library with the following jars:
> jsr173_api-1.0.jar
> jaxp-ri-1.4.2.jar
> saaj-impl-1.3.2.jar
> wsdl4j-1.6.2.jar
>
> Create a new parent-first classloader and have it reference the shared
> library you just created. Restart everything and it should work. Perhaps
> someone can update the wiki with this solution.

I've added your comment to the app server guide page.  Thanks!

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Is *anyone* sucessfully running CXF with WS-SECURITY in Webshere?

Posted by cj91 <Jo...@argushealth.com>.

Posted by cj91 <Jo...@argushealth.com>.