Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Olaf Krueger <po...@olafkrueger.net> on 2017/08/13 19:47:01 UTC

[FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Hi,
I'm trying to create a CodePen for the MDL slider but it doesn't work as
expected.
I just tried to copy the transpiled HTML/JS/CSS to CodePen.

This is a CodePen example for the MDL slider [1].
It basically works but it's not the same result as the browser shows.

Do I miss something?

Thanks,
Olaf

[1] https://codepen.io/ok-at-codepen/pen/WEEydM

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
We need sub domain or domain for TourJS "tourjs.flex.apache.org" or just
http://flex.apache.org/tourjs. I'm not sure how to get it - maybe it is
enough to have in svn repository subfolder and put there build version of
tourjs.

FlexJS MDL Live demo - it was link to build version of MDLExample on Jenkins
- this is definitely not something which we could share to the other users.

Thanks,
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Posted by Olaf Krueger <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
Hmm, whether TourJS or some other examples, I think we definitely need to get
some examples or live demos online.
FlexJS lives a bit in the dark cause all the useful content is hidden behind
the scene. Difficult to find and maybe also difficult to get it working.

Would be great if we could have the ability to commit some FlexJS code to an
Apache repo which is built and deployed automatically to somewhere.

I lost the link but I remember that there is a FlexJS MDL live demo out
there, how does this work?

Thanks,
olaf

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
You could try to build everything with 0.9.0 version and update Maven build
with 0.9.0-SNAPSHOT.

This [1] conversation maybe helpful cause Peter is describing what is the
structure of TourJS.

[1]
http://apache-flex-development.2333347.n4.nabble.com/FlexJS-Text-For-the-Tour-td58508.html

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
It is not deployed anywhere yet. - That is something which should be done
once we have enough content there.
Link to github [1]

[1] https://github.com/apache/flex-tourjs/tree/develop

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Posted by Olaf Krueger <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
piotrz wrote
> I would rather explore TourJS and make there examples. Then publish links
> to each of them.

Could you provide me a link to a live demo of TourJS?

Thanks,
Olaf

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Posted by Olaf Krueger <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
>I will try to do this as you were did, but it will not be to fast.

Thanks Piotr!
I don't know anything about the life time of a particular CodePen, but maybe
we could use it to publish some FlexJS live demos.

Olaf

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Posted by piotrz <pi...@gmail.com>.
Olaf,

I will try to do this as you were did, but it will not be to fast.

I will add this to my to do list.

Thanks,
Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen

Posted by Olaf Krueger <po...@olafkrueger.net>.
>Could you additionally post what you have in your FlexJS MDL project ?

https://gist.github.com/ok-at-github/2e7dd966423db0b3954dce3de89b430e

(This works fine in the browser)

I have to mention that I copy and paste the code from the FlexJS debug
target and also from the browser source while trying to get something work.

Thank you!
Olaf

Re: [FlexJS] Using transpiled HTML/JS/CSS code with CodePen