Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org> on 2014/01/16 00:54:14 UTC

MR compatibility - related to TEZ-722

Hi folks,

Jonathan raised the issue in TEZ-722 which has implications with respect to what version of Hadoop that is Tez compatible with. A recent change in hadoop branch-2 ( 2.4.0 ) implies Tez master branch no longer compiles against hadoop-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT.

There seem to be multiple options we could take:

i) Change master branch to compile against hadoop-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT. This would imply 0.3.0 will be released only after hadoop-2.4.0 is released.
ii) If 0.3.0 needs to be released earlier, this might be the time to create a branch and ensure we can do a release of 0.3.0 against either hadoop-2.2.0 or hadoop-2.3.0 with security support enabled.
iii) No support for hadoop-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT at this time? A probably contentious option so I have CC'ed the user@ list too.

Any other options/comments/preferences?

thanks
-- Hitesh