Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Tamás Szokol <ta...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/13 15:19:33 UTC

libhdfs append question

Hi!

I'm using the latest stable 0.19.0 version of hadoop. I'd like to try the new append functionality. Is it available from libhdfs? I didn't find it in hdfs.h interface nor in the hdfs.c implementation.

I saw the hdfsOpenFile's new flag O_APPEND in: HADOOP-4494
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/hadoop-core-dev/200810.mbox/%3C270645717.1224722204314.JavaMail.jira@brutus%3E),
but I still don't find it in the latest release.

Is it available as a patch, or maybe only available in the svn repository?

Could you please give me some pointers how to use the append functionality from libhdfs?
Thank you in advance!

Cheers,
Tamas

Re: libhdfs append question[MESSAGE NOT SCANNED]

Posted by Craig Macdonald <cr...@dcs.gla.ac.uk>.
Tamas,

There is a patch attached to the issue, which you should be able to
apply to get O_APPEND .

Craig