Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jos Chrispijn <ap...@webrz.net> on 2009/07/22 01:30:31 UTC

[users@httpd] Remote .htaccess

Is it possible to use a .htaccess in a folder in which I define a
htpasswd path that physically is located on a complete different server?

Jos Chrispijn

RE: [users@httpd] Remote .htaccess

Posted by Boyle Owen <Ow...@six-group.com>.

Sure. As long as apache can follow the path, no problem.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

PS: It's also asking for trouble from a performance/reliability
perspective. I leave it as an exercise to the reader to work out why...

> Jos Chrispijn

This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system. Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
The sender's company reserves the right to monitor all e-mail communications through their networks.