Posted to xindice-users@xml.apache.org by Michiel Verhoef <mi...@cmg.nl> on 2002/05/21 14:01:01 UTC

Exception in Thread "Main" NoClassDefFoundError

Hi all,

I am a complete newbie in Xindice so please forgive me if this is an FAQ (it
probably is, but checking the
FAQ didn't help either).

I just installed Xindice like described in the Windows Install instruction.
Starting up the system worked
but the next part, creating the addressbook example didn't work.

I got the following error:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: ;C:\Program

Details: win2000, Java JDK 1.3.0.02, xindice version 1.0

At first I had Xindice installed in a directory c:\ApacheXML but even moving
this directory to c:\Xindice
did not help. I did add/change the appropriate envrionment variables as
described in the installation guide.

I'm not a java programmer but I added "echo" statements to the batchfile so
I could find out what went wrong.
It showed that it starts in the find Xindice_HOME part, it finds the
variable, then goes to checkJava, where the
error occurs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Michiel

Re: Exception in Thread "Main" NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Juozas Baliuka <ba...@centras.lt>.
> Sounds like you might have a classpath entry with spaces in somewhere.
>
> You try adding quotes (") around the value.

It seams your JAVA_HOME is set to C:\Program Files ....
Try to install JAVA to some location without spases or use "C:\ .."
and it is good idea to have JAVA_HOME\bin in PATH.

Posted by Paul Clarke <pa...@lspeed.com>.
Hi,