Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Andreas Niemeyer <an...@gutzmann.com> on 2010/02/04 11:45:04 UTC

how to get HTTP Request Defaults variable of Web Server?

Hi,

I'm quite new to JMeter and would like to get the value of the "Server
Name or IP" field - defined in the "HTTP Request Defaults" - to use it
in the "Referer" value for different "HTTP Header Manager" Config elements.

I've to test an application that checks the referer and I want to
"normalize" the scenario as much as possible to avoid re-writing the
server adress in each individual http header by hand.

I read the manual and this group but didn't find out how to do this in a
simple way.

Thanks in advance,
Andreas

Re: how to get HTTP Request Defaults variable of Web Server?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 04/02/2010, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/02/2010, Andreas Niemeyer <an...@gutzmann.com> wrote:
>  > Hi,
>  >
>  >  I'm quite new to JMeter and would like to get the value of the "Server Name
>  > or IP" field - defined in the "HTTP Request Defaults" - to use it in the
>  > "Referer" value for different "HTTP Header Manager" Config elements.
>  >
>  >  I've to test an application that checks the referer and I want to
>  > "normalize" the scenario as much as possible to avoid re-writing the server
>  > adress in each individual http header by hand.
>  >
>  >  I read the manual and this group but didn't find out how to do this in a
>  > simple way.

Also, in the manual itself:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/test_plan.html#using_variables

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.