Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Bonnie MacKellar <bk...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/17 20:34:27 UTC

examples of using maven with uima, uimaFit, ruta, etc?

Hi,

I had posted earlier asking about best practices for building a project
that uses uimaFit, Ruta, and the Metamap annotator. My current project,
while it works, is inordinately complex and I can't seem to figure out the
right way to structure it. I did get the advice to use Maven. I don't
normally use Maven, but I would if it gave some way to simplify this mess.
However, I can't find any mention of using Maven in the Uima tutorial, so I
am at a loss as to how to start. Are there instructions on the web that I
am just not finding? An example project?

thanks,
Bonnie MacKellar

Re: examples of using maven with uima, uimaFit, ruta, etc?

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
It's possible, I do it every day :-)
Let's see where the problem is...

Can you post the folder structure and the pom.xml (especially the
ruta-maven-plugin) of your project?
Can you describe the launch configuration of your script?
Is there an errer in your Eclispe installation (views->Error Log)

Best,

Peter

Posted by Bonnie MacKellar <bk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Yes, exactly. addRutaNature needs to be set to true and the buildpath
needs to point ot the correct folder. Then all should work just fine.

Best,

Peter

Posted by Bonnie MacKellar <bk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.