Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohamed Nasser <MN...@descartes.com> on 2003/04/30 22:20:09 UTC

Deploying Applications in Tomcat

I am using Tomcat 4.1.18 with apache 2.0.43 and everything is working well.
Is there a way to auto deploy and destroy applications by placing "war" files in the webapps directory of TOMCAT_HOME.
I believe if we place the jar files and the conf files under the context and WEB-INF it may work.
My goal - I want to create war files and smiply drop it into a deployment scheme (like JBOSS). Is this possible at all?

Regards,
Mohamed Nasser

RE: Deploying Applications in Tomcat

Posted by Siping Liu <sl...@egenera.com>.
yes it works, but not for the first time -- I see the
expanded directory and files BUT can't access the application (404);
I have to restart tomcat to gain access.

Posted by Kevin Baynes <kb...@seagullsw.com>.