Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by George Pang <p0...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/28 20:44:46 UTC

programming java ee and hadoop at the same time

Hello users,
I am trying to program a hadoop powered web application with Eclipse as IDE.
 Now I have both hadoop perspective and java ee perspective.  I wonder if I
can have these two together, that I can use the mapper and producers in my
servlet.  Anyone has experience about this?  I will appreciate it.

George

Re: programming java ee and hadoop at the same time

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
Bill Habermaas wrote:
> George,
>
> I haven't used the Hadoop perspective in Eclipse so I can't help with that
> specifically but map/reduce is a batch process (and can be long running). In
> my experience, I've written servlets that write to HDFS and then have a
> background process perform the map/reduce. They can both run in background
> under Eclipse but are not tightly coupled.

I've discussed this recently, having a good binding from webapps to the
back end, where the back end consists of HDFS, MapReduce queues, and
things round them

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/labs/clouds/src/doc/apache_cloud_computing_edition_oxford.odp

If people are willing to help with this, we have an apache "lab"
project, Apache Clouds, ready for you code, tests and ideas

RE: programming java ee and hadoop at the same time