Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marco Pöhler <li...@poehlerpoehler.de> on 2004/06/01 22:01:01 UTC

tomcat daily restart

Hi,

somewhere in my web application is a memory leak, and the tomcat hangs after
a week and /etc/init.d/tomcat stop won't work also. The application will be
rewritten, so it is not important to find the leak. I'm currently think it
is okay to restart the tomcat every night. I wrote the simple shell script
below to do the job. The script is started as cronjob by root. The Script
works, but my question is: Are there better solutions ? Are there any
pitfalls I havn't seen ?

#!/bin/bash
kill -9 `ps ax | grep java | awk '{ print $1 }'`
/etc/init.d/tomcat start

thanks in advance

Marco

---