Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Hay, Markus" <ma...@secureinfo.com> on 2005/03/24 19:10:28 UTC

Problem migrating from 4.1.30 to 5.5.7

I'm in the process of testing our Java-based application on a newer
version of Tomcat and it appears some significant changes have been
made. In Tomcat 4.1.30, I was able to drop a application.xml file in the
webapps directory and it would redirect to the application by using
http://localhost/appname, which is installed to c:\program
files\application_name\html. Now I'm trying to accomplish the same with
5.5.7, but I'm not sure where to put this application.xml file, which
has the context path defined. Is it as simple as putting this file in a
different directory or do I need to modify other xml files in the new
version of Tomcat?

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Markus

RE: Problem migrating from 4.1.30 to 5.5.7

Posted by George Sexton <gs...@mhsoftware.com>.
The

conf/<serviceName>/<hostname>

directory