Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by da...@swisspost.com on 2015/07/13 10:57:13 UTC

Setting up TLS Connection: How to read password from file

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a tomcat 6.0.13 to use TLS connections.
Therefor I configure the keystorefile for my servers.

The Problem now is: Since I have several Hardware-Stages (ET, IT, ..) I have a pk12 keystorefiles and the corresponding password in a separate file for each Stage. That is used to change keystores.

Therefor the tomcat should read the password from the password file, but I don't see any possibility to read the password from file. I can only configure the password "hard" in the setup.xml.

How can I configure the setup.xml to read the password from file?

Greetings,

Re: Setting up TLS Connection: How to read password from file

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Setting up TLS Connection: How to read password from file

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.

Am 13. Juli 2015 10:57:13 MESZ, schrieb david.tissen@swisspost.com:
>Hi,
>
>I'm trying to set up a tomcat 6.0.13 to use TLS connections.

This version is really ancient. You should update to a newer tomcat.

>Therefor I configure the keystorefile for my servers.
>
>The Problem now is: Since I have several Hardware-Stages (ET, IT, ..) I
>have a pk12 keystorefiles and the corresponding password in a separate
>file for each Stage. That is used to change keystores.
>
>Therefor the tomcat should read the password from the password file,
>but I don't see any possibility to read the password from file. I can
>only configure the password "hard" in the setup.xml.

If you have no problem to have the passwords in clear text files, you can try to do ant style replacement as described in https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/.

That should work on your version, too.

But I don't know any setup.xml. Do you mean server.xml?

Regards,
Felix