Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Marcello Lorenzi <ml...@sorint.it> on 2013/12/16 10:01:39 UTC

Heap size and Solr 4.3

Hi All,
we have deployed on our production environment a new Solr 4.3 instance
(2 nodes with SolrCloud) but this morning one node gone on outofmemory
status and we have noticed that the JVM uses a lot of Old Gen space
during the normal lifecycle.

What are the items that improve this high usage of Heap?

Thanks,
Marcello

Re: Heap size and Solr 4.3

Posted by Ryan Cutter <ry...@gmail.com>.
Marcello,

Can you quantify what you're seeing?  Did you send the JVM any args (Xmx,
Xms, etc)?

Thanks, Ryan