Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Colvin Cowie <co...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/20 17:12:43 UTC

"SolrCore Initialization Failures" error message appears briefly in Solr 8.5.1 Admin UI

Sorry if this has already been raised, but I didn't see it.

When loading / refreshing the Admin UI in 8.5.1, it briefly but *visibly*
shows a placeholder for the "SolrCore Initialization Failures" error
message, with a lot of redness. It looks like there is a real problem.
Obviously the message then disappears, and it can be ignored.
However, if I was a first time user, it would not give me confidence that
everything is okay. In a way, an error message that appears briefly then
disappears before I can finish reading it is worse than one which just
stays there.

Here's a screenshot of what I mean
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eK4HNprEuEua08_UwtEoDQuRwFgqbGjU
and a gif:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Rw3z03MzAqFpfZFU4uVv4G158vk66QVx

I assume that this is connected to the UI updates discussed in

Cheers,
Colvin

Re: "SolrCore Initialization Failures" error message appears briefly in Solr 8.5.1 Admin UI

Posted by Colvin Cowie <co...@gmail.com>.
From a (very) brief googling it seems like using the ng-cloak attribute is
the right way to fix this, and it certainly seems to work for me.