Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com> on 2013/07/17 16:21:04 UTC

RE: svn commit: r1504148 - in /tomcat/trunk: java/org/apache/jasper/compiler/ java/org/apache/jasper/el/ java/org/apache/jasper/runtime/ test/javax/el/ test/org/apache/el/ test/org/apache/el/parser/ test/org/apache/jasper/compiler/ test/org/apache/jasper/

> From: markt@apache.org [mailto:markt@apache.org]
> Subject: svn commit: r1504148

> Log:
> Add the two new resolver types (stream and static) to Jasper in the correct
> order and modify JasperELResolver so the correct resolvers are skipped.

Did you really want to say "so the correct resolvers are skipped"?  Seems odd to be skipping the proper ones, or perhaps I just don't understand how this should work.

 - Chuck

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 17/07/2013 15:21, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: markt@apache.org [mailto:markt@apache.org] Subject: svn
>> commit: r1504148

>> types (stream and static) to Jasper in the correct order and modify
>> JasperELResolver so the correct resolvers are skipped.
>
> Did you really want to say "so the correct resolvers are skipped"?
> Seems odd to be skipping the proper ones, or perhaps I just don't
> understand how this should work.

Yes. I was trying to say "Make sure we skip the resolvers that are meant
to be skipped." since the new resolvers were inserted the indexes of the
entries on the array have changed.

Mark

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Nick Williams [mailto:nicholas@nicholaswilliams.net]
> Subject: Re: svn commit: r1504148

> I read "so the correct resolvers are skipped" as "so the resolvers
> that should be skipped are skipped."

That interpretation makes much more sense.  I think the use of the word "correct" twice in the sentence to refer to completely different sets of resolvers creates the confusion.

 - Chuck

Posted by Nick Williams <ni...@nicholaswilliams.net>.
On Jul 17, 2013, at 9:21 AM, Caldarale, Charles R wrote:

>> From: markt@apache.org [mailto:markt@apache.org]
>> Subject: svn commit: r1504148

>> Log:
>> Add the two new resolver types (stream and static) to Jasper in the correct
>> order and modify JasperELResolver so the correct resolvers are skipped.
>
> Did you really want to say "so the correct resolvers are skipped"?  Seems odd to be skipping the proper ones, or perhaps I just don't understand how this should work.
>
> - Chuck

I read "so the correct resolvers are skipped" as "so the resolvers that should be skipped are skipped."

Nick