Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/27 19:02:04 UTC

BPEL Implementation: Latest changes mean no need for deploy.xml !!

Folks,

I've just deployed some changes to SVN for the BPEL implementation that remove the need to supply a
deploy.xml file alongside your BPEL process script.

So now, all you need is your BPEL process script, the related WSDL - and the composite file that
defines the SCA component(s) - and you're done.

Enjoy!

Yours,  Mike.

Re: BPEL Implementation: Latest changes mean no need for deploy.xml !!

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Sebastien,

Which operating system are you running on?

The new code compiles the BPEL process to the CBP file and then reads it in.  The error is with
reading in the file.

What I don't see below is an error from the new code saying that it is unable to load the file,
which is curious.

Yours,  Mike.

Re: BPEL test case failures on Linux - understand problem & working a fix

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.
Folks,

Apologies.

This looks like a Windows vs Linux problem associated with case sensitivity of filenames on Linux
not present on Windows.

Basically, the CBP file written to disk by the ODE processing is "helloworld.cbp" but a search is
made for a file "HelloWorld.cbp".  On Windows, this is no problem, on Linux it matters a lot.

I'm working a fix now....

Yours, Mike.

PS If anyone understands the transaction failures stuff, I'll be grateful - it appears I am the only
person who is seeing these, so presumably it is a config problem with my machine....

BPEL test case failures on Linux, was: Re: BPEL Implementation: Latest changes mean no need for deploy.xml !!

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
I just updated to latest trunk revision and I don't see this problem.
Could this be related to the geronimo level changes you mentioned in
another thread (do you have any local changes related to this )?

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer

Re: BPEL Implementation: Latest changes mean no need for deploy.xml !!

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@offthelip.org>.
Actually the process runtime also needs a transaction when you deploy a
process. It persists some data structures needed to optimize message routing
and correlation extraction (basically which receives we can route to).

Cheers,
Matthieu

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Edwards <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Very good news Mike !!! I hope to start working on the db issues as
soon as I get some free cycles.