Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by gr...@convergys.com on 2001/11/07 19:38:19 UTC

Re: problem with messaging service deployment

Is that directory write protected, or are there rights on the folder that
restrict the user executing the java command?

                    Mark Hansen
                    <khookguy@yah        To:     soap-user@xml.apache.org
                    oo.com>              cc:
                                         Subject:     problem with messaging service deployment
                    07-11-01
                    11:39 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    soap-user

When I try to deploy a messaging service (even the one
in samples/messaging), using this command:

"java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8000/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
DeploymentDescriptor.xml"

I get this I/O error:

"Ouch, the call failed:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
  Fault String = Error saving services registry:
access denied (java.io.FilePermission
C:\j2sdkee1.3\public_html\soap\DeployedServices.ds
write)"

Can anyone help me?  Why would I be having file access
denied?

Thanks in advance,

Mark Hansen

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

--

NOTICE:  The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is
intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the named individual or

Re: problem with messaging service deployment

Posted by Mark Hansen <kh...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks a million.  That worked!

-- Mark

--- Ian Snead <is...@ezgov.com> wrote:

> [...]
> the process that is causing your I/O error.
>
> Best of luck!
>
> Ian
>
> Mark Hansen wrote:
> >
> > No, the folder is not write-protected or
> restricted to
> > any user.  This is driving me nuts!!
> >
> > --- greyson.smith@convergys.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Is that directory write protected, or are there
> > > rights on the folder that
> > > restrict the user executing the java command?
> > >

> > >                     Mark Hansen
> > >
> > >                     <khookguy@yah        To:
> > > soap-user@xml.apache.org
> > >                     oo.com>              cc:
> > >

> Subject:
> > >  problem with messaging service deployment
> > >                     07-11-01
> > >
> > >                     11:39 AM
> > >
> > >                     Please
> > >
> > >                     respond to
> > >
> > >                     soap-user
> > >

> > > When I try to deploy a messaging service (even
> the
> > > one
> > > in samples/messaging), using this command:
> > >
> > > "java
> org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
> > > http://localhost:8000/soap/servlet/rpcrouter
> deploy
> > > DeploymentDescriptor.xml"
> > >
> > > I get this I/O error:
> > >
> > > "Ouch, the call failed:
> > >   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
> > >   Fault String = Error saving services registry:
> > > access denied (java.io.FilePermission
> > >
> C:\j2sdkee1.3\public_html\soap\DeployedServices.ds
> > > write)"
> > >
> > > Can anyone help me?  Why would I be having file
> > > access
> > > denied?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance,
> > >
> > > Mark Hansen

> > > Find a job, post your resume.
> > > http://careers.yahoo.com
> > >

> > > --
> > >
> > > NOTICE:  The information contained in this
> > > electronic mail transmission is
> > > intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of
> the
> > > named individual or
> > > entity to which it is directed and may contain
> > > information that is
> > > privileged or otherwise confidential.  If you
> have
> > > received this electronic
> > > mail transmission in error, please delete it
> from
> > > your system without
> > > copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender
> of
> > > the error by reply email
> > > or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's
> > > address records can be
> > > corrected.

> > Find a job, post your resume.
> > http://careers.yahoo.com
>
> --
> Ian Snead
> Software Developer
> EzGov
> Work : 404 836 7957
>
> "Return a buffered reader to receive
>  back the response to whatever was sent to

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

Re: problem with messaging service deployment

Posted by Mark Hansen <kh...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Ian Snead <is...@ezgov.com>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Ian Snead <is...@ezgov.com>.
Hi Mark,

Posted by Mark Hansen <kh...@yahoo.com>.
No, the folder is not write-protected or restricted to
any user.  This is driving me nuts!!

--- greyson.smith@convergys.com wrote:

> Is that directory write protected, or are there
> rights on the folder that
> restrict the user executing the java command?
>

>                     Mark Hansen
>
>                     <khookguy@yah        To:
> soap-user@xml.apache.org
>                     oo.com>              cc:
>
>                                          Subject:
>  problem with messaging service deployment
>                     07-11-01
>
>                     11:39 AM
>
>                     Please
>
>                     respond to
>
>                     soap-user
>

> When I try to deploy a messaging service (even the
> one
> in samples/messaging), using this command:
>
> "java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
> http://localhost:8000/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
> DeploymentDescriptor.xml"
>
> I get this I/O error:
>
> "Ouch, the call failed:
>   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
>   Fault String = Error saving services registry:
> access denied (java.io.FilePermission
> C:\j2sdkee1.3\public_html\soap\DeployedServices.ds
> write)"
>
> Can anyone help me?  Why would I be having file
> access
> denied?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark Hansen

> Find a job, post your resume.
> http://careers.yahoo.com
>

> --
>
> NOTICE:  The information contained in this
> electronic mail transmission is
> intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the
> named individual or
> entity to which it is directed and may contain
> information that is
> privileged or otherwise confidential.  If you have
> received this electronic
> mail transmission in error, please delete it from
> your system without
> copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of
> the error by reply email
> or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's
> address records can be
> corrected.

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com

Re: problem with messaging service deployment

Posted by Mark Hansen <kh...@yahoo.com>.
No, the folder is not write-protected or restricted to
any user.  This is driving me nuts!!

--- greyson.smith@convergys.com wrote:

> Is that directory write protected, or are there
> rights on the folder that
> restrict the user executing the java command?
>

>                     Mark Hansen
>
>                     <khookguy@yah        To:
> soap-user@xml.apache.org
>                     oo.com>              cc:
>
>                                          Subject:
>  problem with messaging service deployment
>                     07-11-01
>
>                     11:39 AM
>
>                     Please
>
>                     respond to
>
>                     soap-user
>

> When I try to deploy a messaging service (even the
> one
> in samples/messaging), using this command:
>
> "java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
> http://localhost:8000/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
> DeploymentDescriptor.xml"
>
> I get this I/O error:
>
> "Ouch, the call failed:
>   Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server
>   Fault String = Error saving services registry:
> access denied (java.io.FilePermission
> C:\j2sdkee1.3\public_html\soap\DeployedServices.ds
> write)"
>
> Can anyone help me?  Why would I be having file
> access
> denied?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Mark Hansen

> Find a job, post your resume.
> http://careers.yahoo.com
>

> --
>
> NOTICE:  The information contained in this
> electronic mail transmission is
> intended by Convergys Corporation for the use of the
> named individual or
> entity to which it is directed and may contain
> information that is
> privileged or otherwise confidential.  If you have
> received this electronic
> mail transmission in error, please delete it from
> your system without
> copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of
> the error by reply email
> or by telephone (collect), so that the sender's
> address records can be
> corrected.

Find a job, post your resume.
http://careers.yahoo.com