Posted to users@maven.apache.org by JC Walmetz <jc...@yahoo.fr> on 2007/08/23 18:02:41 UTC

Patch plugin and filter

It would be great to be able to filter patches before applying patch with the
patch plugin (plugin such as resources manages this filter). It looks like
it is not supported yet.

I'd like to filter the patches dir before applying patches (I need to
replace some version in patches). Is it possible to filter files that are
not in a resources dir ? I do not find any plugin for that.

Re: Parent POM and versions...

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 9/18/07, David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com> wrote:

> I'm interested in repeatable release builds, but not really interested
> in repeatable snapshot builds.  It would be great to specify for a
> parent (or a dependency in some cases) to use the latest available
> release or snapshot version while my project is under development (i.e.
> in snapshot mode).  When I release the project, the release plugin could
> change the pom to specifically reference whatever version that is at the
> time, then switch back to "latest" mode for the next snapshot.

If you've been developing and testing against 5-SNAPSHOT of the parent
pom, you really don't want to suddenly change that to 4 at release
time.

--
Wendy

RE: Parent POM and versions...

Posted by David Jackman <Da...@fastsearch.com>.
I'm interested in repeatable release builds, but not really interested
in repeatable snapshot builds.  It would be great to specify for a
parent (or a dependency in some cases) to use the latest available
release or snapshot version while my project is under development (i.e.
in snapshot mode).  When I release the project, the release plugin could
change the pom to specifically reference whatever version that is at the
time, then switch back to "latest" mode for the next snapshot.  This
would give me a repeatable release build for my project without making
me go through the effort to keep every project explicitly up-to-date
with the latest version of the company-wide parent POM.

..David..

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
> [...]

>     <artifactId>someproject</artifactId>
>     <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT<version>
> </project>
>
> Now, what happens if I need to update the company POM ? I will update
> it, and set it to version 2. How can I then ensure that all my current
> projects will be using the new version of my company POM (available,
> offcourse from our company repository) ? Do I have to update the
> department pom so that it's parent now becomes v2 of the company POM, or
> will Maven use version 1 or whichever is newer of the company POM (ie.
> the v2) ?
> The same goes for the project POM. I recon if I need to update the
> department POM as a result of haveing updated the company POM, I also
> need to update the project POM to use version 2 of the department POM ?
>
> Is there no way of saying that I want the latest version of a POM to be

Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer
mailto:gholam@apache.org

Parent POM and versions...

Re: Patch plugin and filter

Posted by Andrew Williams <an...@handyande.co.uk>.
use the <resources> configuration block in your .pom file - you can
add extra directories and filter them.

Andy