Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Zhang, Larry (L.)" <lz...@ford.com> on 2008/07/17 20:41:52 UTC

Action form in session scope

Hello, which is a prefered way to add actionform into session scope or
in the request scope? Is that true that putting actionForm into the
session is a bad idea? Thanks.

Re: Action form in session scope

Posted by Paweł Wielgus <po...@gmail.com>.
Hi Larry,
i'm assuming You are talking about s1,
there is no clear answer for your question as for me, because using
session forms is extremely comfortable for developer, no need to worry
about remembering any object acros your app, they just are in session
forms.
But on the other side your session object might get bigger and bigger
with time - not my case so i wont tell You much about it. But there is
more bad news, when user is using back and forward browser buttons and
also forms on your pages rely on session data accuracy You are in deep
... troubles.
When i'm developing in s1 i'm using session forms, but i prefer s2
even without session forms.

Best greetings,
Pawel Wielgus.