Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de> on 2018/08/04 13:31:00 UTC

Merge of files uses streams

While looking at

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51564781/error-merging-large-pdf-files-with-pdfbox-missing-end-of-file-marker-eof/

I noticed that the merge utility makes streams from files... which means
that whole files are getting cached to allow random access. IMHO it
would be better to keep files as files and streams as streams, i.e. have
an array of objects and then "do the right thing".

Tilman

Re: Merge of files uses streams

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 20.08.2018 um 18:56 schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Am 04.08.2018 um 15:31 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
>> While looking at
>>
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51564781/error-merging-large-pdf-files-with-pdfbox-missing-end-of-file-marker-eof/
>>

>> I noticed that the merge utility makes streams from files... which
>> means that whole files are getting cached to allow random access.
>> IMHO it would be better to keep files as files and streams as
>> streams, i.e. have an array of objects and then "do the right thing".
> Yes, that's a good idea. I've created PDFBOX-4295 and will commit a
> solution based on your suggestion.

Thanks!

Tilman

Posted by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de>.