Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Marwen Trabelsi <ma...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/09 09:41:08 UTC

Code sources for ridl not found

Hello,

Actually I'm debugging a project that uses JodConverter (3.0) as a third
party dependency and so some Apache OpenOffice libraries such as Java
Uno RunTime *jurt-3.2.1.jar* and Java RunTime Interface Definition
Library*ridl_3.2.1.jar*.

I'm not able to find the sources jar for these libraries when googling
it, what I'm only able to reach is the svn location for the OpenOffice
project <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/jurt/>.

In order to be able to catch my application flow, I need to have my IDE
(Intellij IDEA) pointing to the classes source. This can be done for
classes inside the jurt module as I can find it in the mentionned svn
location but not for ridl library as there is not module with this name
in the svn repo, at least I can't find it. So can someone point me out
to the ridl sources location (.java if there is already ones)?

Best Regards

Re: Code sources for ridl not found

Posted by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com>.
On 1/9/14 9:41 AM, Marwen Trabelsi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Actually I'm debugging a project that uses JodConverter (3.0) as a third
> party dependency and so some Apache OpenOffice libraries such as Java
> Uno RunTime *jurt-3.2.1.jar* and Java RunTime Interface Definition
> Library*ridl_3.2.1.jar*.
>
> I'm not able to find the sources jar for these libraries when googling
> it, what I'm only able to reach is the svn location for the OpenOffice
> project <http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/jurt/>.
>
> In order to be able to catch my application flow, I need to have my IDE
> (Intellij IDEA) pointing to the classes source. This can be done for
> classes inside the jurt module as I can find it in the mentionned svn
> location but not for ridl library as there is not module with this name
> in the svn repo, at least I can't find it. So can someone point me out
> to the ridl sources location (.java if there is already ones)?

ridl jar contains the Java representation of some of our IDL API's
(those from udkapi) and we generate the class files directly out of the
IDL type information. We don't do the intermediate step by generating
java files first and compile them. This decision was made for
compatibility reasons between older Java version and Java 5 as far as I
remember it correctly.

The same is true for unoil -> IDL API from the offapi module

I hope this explains it. I know that it will not really help you with
your IDE but that is of course a different topic.

Juergen