Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/12/11 00:16:54 UTC

[HttpClient] HttpClient 4.0-beta2 preview (take 2)

Folks,

The latest bugs (or bug rather) appear to have been fixed. I think we
should go ahead with the release.

Please do try to find a few minutes to review the release notes and
pre-release packages. If I hear no complaints, I'll proceed with
building official release packages on Friday.

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0-beta2-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

Packages
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0-beta2-preview/packages/

Web site:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/httpclient-4.0-beta2-preview/site/httpcomponents-client/

Oleg

Re: [HttpClient] HttpClient 4.0-beta2 preview (take 2)

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
ant elder wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:16 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>wrote:

> Looks good to me, LICENSE/NOTICE look fine, builds ok etc. A very minor nit
> in the  release notes - in the note about DigestScheme it has "(such SHA)"
> could be "(such as SHA)". Also, the README.txt in the zips in the
> Dependencies section mentions HttpCore 4.0-beta1 though the zip includes
> beta3, and mentions  Commons Logging 1.0.3 though the zip conatins 1.1.1,
> and mime4j 0.4  not the included 0.5. It does say "or newer" so don't know
> if those still apply.
>
>    ...ant

Hi Anthony

Many thanks for revising the packages. I fixed the typo in the release
notes and removed dependency version numbers from README.txt and put
references to the pom.xml instead. Please take a look.

If I hear no complaints, I'll proceed with the release tomorrow.

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.