Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org> on 2011/03/16 21:56:17 UTC

Maven Site Plugin release plan

Hi

I've gone through JIRA tonight and have made sure that fixed issues have
the correct fix version(s), as many issues have been fixed for both 2.3
and 3.0-beta-4.

Looking at the road map [1] there are 24 of 25 issues fixed for 2.3 and
29 of 30 issues fixed for 3.0-beta-4. Given the amount of fixed issues
I'd like to release these soonish so that they won't be too large. Kudos
to Lukas for fixing most of them!

For that reason I'd like to postpone
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-41
for 2.x and
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-484
for 3.x to later versions if no one objects.

After these releases we can hopefully have a closer look at Hervé's
branch MSITE-560 which has the goal of making the 3.x branch of the Site
Plugin work with Maven 2.

As usual the Site Plugin requires a couple of other releases as well:
Doxia Sitetools 1.1.5 [2] and Doxia-tools 1.4 [3], but not Doxia this
time, as far as I can tell.

Is there anything else we need to fix at this time? Just shout if you
need some time to fix a pressing issue. I'll let this mail sit for a
couple of days before I start to release stuff.

[1]
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE#selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project%3Aroadmap-panel

[2]
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11624&version=16990

[3]
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=11761&version=16957

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Maven Site Plugin release plan

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
ok for me

For Doxia and Doxia Sitetools, I'd like these release to be the last ones on
JDK 1.4, and work on Java 5 migration after the release if nobody objects.

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've gone through JIRA tonight and have made sure that fixed issues have
> the correct fix version(s), as many issues have been fixed for both 2.3
> and 3.0-beta-4.
>
> Looking at the road map [1] there are 24 of 25 issues fixed for 2.3 and
> 29 of 30 issues fixed for 3.0-beta-4. Given the amount of fixed issues
> I'd like to release these soonish so that they won't be too large. Kudos
> to Lukas for fixing most of them!
>
> For that reason I'd like to postpone
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-41
> for 2.x and
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-484
> for 3.x to later versions if no one objects.

Fine with me.

> After these releases we can hopefully have a closer look at Hervé's
> branch MSITE-560 which has the goal of making the 3.x branch of the Site
> Plugin work with Maven 2.
>

> As usual the Site Plugin requires a couple of other releases as well:
> Doxia Sitetools 1.1.5 [2] and Doxia-tools 1.4 [3], but not Doxia this
> time, as far as I can tell.

Doxia-Sitetools depends on latest Doxia (IIRC due to the upgrade of
plexus-utils dep) so I think we'll have to release Doxia as well. There
were no issues fixed but a couple of dependency upgrades, code
optimization and documentation improvements.

> Is there anything else we need to fix at this time? Just shout if you
> need some time to fix a pressing issue. I'll let this mail sit for a
> couple of days before I start to release stuff.

I still have an IT in the works regarding the inheritAsRef parameter,
see the last few remarks at MSITE-502. If there is a problem (which I am
not sure yet) then it has to be fixed in decoration-model, so I wanted
to get that fixed, or clarified, before the site release. It's not
pressing though, if I don't get to it until after the weekend we can
just leave it until next time.

Thanks!
-Lukas

Posted by Yevgeny Nyden <ye...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Lukas,

Yes, I did see your comment, and I could update the patch if/when necessary.
Feel free to test it and let me know if/how we could improve it.

Yevgeny

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
Dear Yevgeny,

Posted by Yevgeny Nyden <ye...@gmail.com>.