Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by 俊平堵 <ju...@apache.org> on 2015/12/18 15:58:52 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 2.6.3 Release

It gives me great honor to announce that the Apache Hadoop community has
voted to
release Apache Hadoop 2.6.3.

Hadoop 2.6.3 is a continuing maintenance release in the Hadoop 2.6.x line
that builds on top of 2.6.3. It contains a number of critical fixes done by
the
community on and backported from the 2.7 line and from the ongoing 2.8 line.

The release has 35 resolved issues with the following breakdown
   - 8  in Hadoop Common
   - 7  in HDFS
   - 12 in YARN
   - 8  in MapReduce

Please see the Hadoop 2.6.3 Release Notes
<
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.3/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/releasenotes.html

for more detail.

The release news is posted on the Hadoop website too, you can go to the
downloads section directly (http://hadoop.apache.org/releases.html#Download
). The release documentation is up at http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r2.6.3/.

Kudos to everyone who contributed to the release, also special thanks to
Vinod
Kumar Vavilapalli, Steve Loughran and Sangjin Lee for help in release
process!

Thanks,

Junping

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hadoop 2.6.3 Release

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
yay! thanks to everyone who helped!

--
Sean