Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by oferiko <of...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/15 07:43:24 UTC

how to eliminating scoring from a query?

in  http://www.lucidimagination.com/files/file/LIWP_WhatsNew_Solr1.4.pdf
http://www.lucidimagination.com/files/file/LIWP_WhatsNew_Solr1.4.pdf  under
the performance it mentions:
"Queries that don’t sort by score can eliminate scoring, which speeds up
queries"
how exactly can i do that? If i don't mention which sort i want, it
automatically sorts by "score desc".

thanks

RE: how to eliminating scoring from a query?

Posted by oferiko <of...@gmail.com>.
that's actually what i already had in mind, just wasn't sure that specifying
the sort order of indextime eliminates the work of scoring.

RE: how to eliminating scoring from a query?

Posted by "Nagelberg, Kallin" <KN...@globeandmail.com>.
How about:

1. Create a date field to indicate indextime.

2  Use a date filter to restrict articles to today and yesterday such as myindexdate:"[NOW/DAY-1DAY TO NOW/DAY+1DAY]"

3. sort on that field.

-Kallin Nagelberg

Posted by oferiko <of...@gmail.com>.
thanks,