Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/02 17:20:24 UTC

Re: MySQL Client dependency not installed with RPMs

On Jun 18, 2014, at 2:26 PM, Adrian Lewis <ad...@alsiconsulting.co.uk> wrote:

> Afraid I’m not a dev of any sort but can we add the package ‘mysql’ (MySQL
> client package) to the cloud.spec file. If you’re installing the
> mysql-server package on the same host as the mgmt server it’s not a problem
> but for those installing from the repo and using an external db host, it
> doesn’t get installed. Just one little thing to help the ease of
> installation.
>

> Not sure about Debian/Ubuntu – anyone able to verify?
>

> Is this worthy of a Jira issue?

Yes please, at the very least it should be documented.
I think it's a docs issue really.

But please file a ticket, thanks

Posted by Adrian Lewis <ad...@alsiconsulting.co.uk>.

I'd disagree with it being a docs issue though. Docs can provide a
workaround but the root problem should still be addressed IMHO.