Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Aleksander Slominski <as...@cs.indiana.edu> on 2005/03/14 20:29:06 UTC

Re: [stax_builders] [axis2] StAX API and RI license?

Chris Fry wrote:

>I guess I think it's a plus that the API is a standard
>and endorsed by Sun.  This provides backwards
>compatibility garuntees etc.  The RI is available
>under the apache license and the API is freely
>distributable but not modifiable.

hi Chris,

does this mean that a special notice (license) is required
to be included with that AXIS2 for jsr173_1.0_api.jar?

how is it about including API in downloadable tarball/zip/war

what repackaging API classes together with other in one JAR file?
that is what we consider to have for client side - just one JAR
file that has inside classes from all necessary libs so client can
have just this on classpath.

thanks,

alek