Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Suresh Rajachar <su...@yahoo.com> on 2010/08/03 13:53:55 UTC

Guassian timer

Hi,

I am using Guassian Random Timer(GRT) in my test plan.
Surprisingly, the samples are not getting executed in the order they have
recorded. Some of the threads are not running all the way through the script.

If i use the constant timer, it works fine. But, i want to use GRT to have
varieties in think time.

Any suggestions for this please ?

Regards,
Suresh R

Re: Guassian timer

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 5 August 2010 11:36, Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Depends what you understand by fine :). It would be easier with an example
> of test-plan and what do you expect to happen.
>
> - sample1
> - sample2
> - sample3
> - Timer
> - results tree
>
> If timer is constant timer, than they will be executed in the same order.
> If timer is gaussian random timer, than it depends on the times. For
> deviation=25000, offset=10000, there is no telling what the order would be,
> because it randomises the delay timer, that's the whole purpose.

Timers are applied before all samples in scope; in this case all 3 samplers.

Timers do _not_ change execution order within a thread.

There is no guaranteed ordering of samples across multiple threads.

I suggest you check the jmeter log file for errors.

Re: Guassian timer

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,