Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be> on 2003/09/28 19:12:59 UTC

[VOTE][DBCP] Release Plan for Commons-DBCP 2.0

I'd like to propose a vote on the following release plan
for DBCP 2.0.  This release plan can also be found
at:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/jakarta-commons/dbcp/RELEASE_PLAN_2_0.txt

Per the Jakarta/ASF guidelines (see
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html), this
release plan must be approved via a lazy majority vote. The
voting period will end at 23:59:59 GMT on 1 October 2003
or when a clear majority has been established,
whichever comes first.

Here's your ballot:

<---- Please return this portion with your vote ---->
[ ] +1    I am in favor of this plan and I will help
[ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but I am unable to help
[ ] -0    I am not in favor of this plan
[ ] -1    I am opposed to this plan being executed,
          and my reason is:

<---- /Please return this portion with your vote ---->

I'll volunteer to be the release manager for this release,
but if someone else wants to, feel free to volunteer.

-  Dirk Verbeeck

Re: [VOTE][DBCP] Release Plan for Commons-DBCP 2.0

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
+1, I have been running the latest from CVS on several test/dev systems.
     No problems seen yet.

Glenn

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
I have added a reference to your work to the overview (index) page.
A more complete example would of course be usefull.

Thanks
Dirk

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Dirk,

--
Serge Knystautas
President

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
I haven't noticed any problems.  But I do have one question.
Why is this a 2.0 release instead of say a 1.1 release?
The changes don't warrant a major revision change to 2.0 IMHO.

Regards,

Glenn

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Dirk,

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.
I felt there were too many changes to just release a 1.1and I didn't
review if there were incompatible changes since 1.0.
But I'm not opposed to a 1.1 release.

Committers, indicate your preference please
Release is a 1.1 or 2.0

Dirk

Posted by Dirk Verbeeck <di...@pandora.be>.

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Re: [VOTE][DBCP] Release Plan for Commons-DBCP 2.0

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.