Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nikolaos Diakos <di...@csd.uoc.gr> on 2005/04/12 00:28:52 UTC

Server Selection

Hello.

I am trying to deploy a single sample web service and for sometime now I was
using Tomcat 5.0.28 sever for windows.

I managed to deploy the sample services but I was getting all kinds of
errors when I was trying to test them.I didn't tested

Successfully not a single sample file. I tried everything an finally I
decided to change server version. I installed Tomcat 4.1.31 and

Now I can't even get the server running.(500 server internal error).Do you
think that the 5 version of Tomcat is better choice for axis?

RE: Server Selection

Posted by Nikolaos Diakos <di...@csd.uoc.gr>.
Hello

Thank you for the reply.Last night I installed tomcat 5.0.28 once again and
now I have no problem.I don't know what happened but everything works fine
now.It is seems that Tomcat 5 has better documentation and is more user
friendly.I asked yesterday cause I read in an article tha tomcat 5 is
Alpha tested and it might have bugs that axis users have not found yet.

Nikolaos Diakos

Tomcat 5 is better choice, but seems you got some basic issues with
installating axis on Tomcat. Please refere to user guide and post the
stack trace if any.

- venkat

Re: Server Selection

Posted by Venkat Reddy <vr...@gmail.com>.