Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Bruyn Bill <Br...@mcao.maricopa.gov> on 2006/02/02 19:27:51 UTC

[Abator] Unable to generate artifacts

I have the Abator (0.5.1) plugin for Eclipse (3.1.2) installed here, and
have a little trouble with it when I also have my oXygen XML Editor
(7.0.0) plugin installed/enabled.

I can set up my file association okay, create my config with the
File/New wizard and edit it with the Abator editor (if I want to), but
my "Generate iBATIS Artifcats" menu option disappears.  When I disable
the oXygen plugin, everything works as advertised, so I'm not sure this
is an Abator problem...  Still, I was hoping somebody might be able to
explain what's going on?

TIA,

Bill Bruyn

Re: [Abator] Unable to generate artifacts

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
That's odd.  The menu option should enable for any file with xml as the
extension, and with a root element of "abatorConfiguration".

Question - does oXygen change the popup menu on an XML file significantly?
Abator assumes there is an insertion point on the popup menu called
"additions" (which is an Eclipse convention).  If oXygen has significantly
altered the popup menu for XML files, or they somehow removed the
"additions" insertion point, then that could cause the problem.  This does
point the finger at them I'm afraid, but I can't think of any other reason
for the trouble you're having.

Nevertheless, there should probably be more ways to run Abator than just
through a pop-up menu.  I'll try to think of some for the next release.

Jeff Butler