Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2006/02/01 18:56:30 UTC

[ApacheDS] [RC1] A look at some installer snapshots

Here's the build from last night if anyone wants to kick the tires:

http://people.apache.org/~akarasulu/apacheds/

For Unix installers just do a java -jar filename.  On Windows just start
the installer.  The RPM for Linux-i386 will be here tonight hopefully.
MacOSX will be here someday soon too probably after RC1 is released.

I recommend installing as root or the administrator on windows otherwise
the installer will fail.  This is because an /etc/init.d/apacheds file
is created for the daemon and well in windows you just need to be the
admin to do anything at all :).

Note about what's different if you build these installers yourself:

 o Added this apacheds-tools project (see the executable jar in
${installhome}/bin/tools.jar
    NOTE: I am renaming this to apacheds-tools.jar so people don't
confuse it with jdk tools.jar
 o Modified the installers project in apacheds/simple with new configuration

Besides these layout issues a bunch of new features should be in there
as well.  I will produce these snapshots every night for now manually
until someone gives us a late Christmas present with a CI / nightly
build tool setup like (hint) continuum.

Please make comments after kicking the tires so we can respond.

Thanks,
Alex

P.S. Anyone interested in building Deb or Solaris Packages?