Posted to users@maven.apache.org by khote <kh...@mminternet.com> on 2003/09/21 07:44:41 UTC

maven xdoclet

Looking for online tutorials covering maven and xdoclet, webdoclet, that
kind of thing.

Anybody know of any?

Re: maven xdoclet

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@ajsoft.net>.
On Sunday 21 Sep 2003 06:44, khote wrote:
> Looking for online tutorials covering maven and xdoclet, webdoclet, that
> kind of thing.
>
> Anybody know of any?

Not got a tutorial, but I've got an app that uses maven and
ejbdoclet/webdoclet so you may be able to look at it and work out what to do

Go to
http://www.ajsoft.net/Products/WebShop
and download the source package. The WebShop-Beans sub-project uses ejbdoclet,
and the WebShop-App sub-project uses webdoclet.

--
Andy

Re: maven xdoclet

Posted by Colin Sampaleanu <co...@exis.com>.
The maven xdoclet plugin is huge because it is actually generated (as
part of the xdoclet build).

I personally find it generally useless. For anything more than the
simpler cases, it is easier and cleaner to have 'ant-style' xdoclet
definitions in maven.xml exactly as you would have used in an ant build
project. Having to use flat properties in build.properties can get a lot
more verbose and error prone than a clean hierarchical xml definition in
maven.xml.  On top of that, there were some bugs (upper vs. lowercase
property names, which don't matter in xml files but do matter for
properties), and some properties which were wrong. I believe most of
them are fixed by now in xdoclet CVS but at a minimum you would have to
rebuild xdoclet 1.2post-beta3.

You can search the archives for this mailing list for some messages from
me showing how you would use xdoclet in maven.xml.

Re: maven xdoclet

Re: maven xdoclet

Posted by tek1 <te...@pobox.com>.
Did you look at this yet?

http://xdoclet.sourceforge.net/maven-plugin.html

If you're familiar with the basics of XDoclet and Maven, the above offers a