Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at> on 1999/06/23 17:54:26 UTC

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_vhost_alias.c

coar@hyperreal.org wrote:

>  	Jim beat me to the server_rec and ap_mmn fixes, so what's left
>  	here is just some cleanup from the new module addition; be
>  	consistent and stylish.

I suppose style is a matter of opinion. "mva" *gag*

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch   dot@dotat.at   fanf@demon.net
Winner, International Obfuscated C Code Competition 1998

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_vhost_alias.c

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
On Wed, 23 Jun 1999, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Tony Finch wrote:
> >
> > coar@hyperreal.org wrote:
> > >
> > >       Jim beat me to the server_rec and ap_mmn fixes, so what's left
> > >       here is just some cleanup from the new module addition; be
> > >       consistent and stylish.
> >
> > I suppose style is a matter of opinion. "mva" *gag*
>
> The 'mva' wasn't part of the style, that was just shortening the
> names.  'vhost_alias_server_conf' *gag*. :-)  Please come up

People putting all sorts of extraneous == NULLs or != NULLs all over the
place.  *gag*.

It really isn't appropriate nor productive to try to force all
types of style that are not covered by the style guide and that
are very common practice to fit into your particular definition of
how things should look.

Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_vhost_alias.c

Posted by Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at>.
Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com> wrote:

>The 'mva' wasn't part of the style, that was just shortening the
>names.  'vhost_alias_server_conf' *gag*. :-)

:-)

Yes, I did spend some time trying to think of a more succinct name for
the module but failed, so the names remained long. I figured it didn't
matter too much because they only appeared a few times, and I prefer
to avoid cryptic names.

>Please come up with short-but-descriptive names for the enum and the
>types, and I'll commit 'em -- but those 24-character names have got
>to go.

Well, IMO vhost_alias_mode is short enough, and vhost_alias_conf is OK
for a module with no per-dir configuration things.

Alternatively, I'd prefer a global replacement of vhost_alias with mva
rather than the not-quite-everything it currently has (e.g. the enum
constants and vhost_alias_set*).

Tony.

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Tony Finch wrote:

> coar@hyperreal.org wrote:
> >
> >       Jim beat me to the server_rec and ap_mmn fixes, so what's left
> >       here is just some cleanup from the new module addition; be
> >       consistent and stylish.
>
> I suppose style is a matter of opinion. "mva" *gag*

The 'mva' wasn't part of the style, that was just shortening the
names.  'vhost_alias_server_conf' *gag*. :-)  Please come up
with short-but-descriptive names for the enum and the types, and
I'll commit 'em -- but those 24-character names have got to go.
They interfere with wrapping too much. :->  Fixing the wrapping
and the if-blocks -- *that* was the style-guide part.
--
#ken    P-)}