Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Patrick Casey <pa...@adelphia.net> on 2005/05/06 22:27:52 UTC

Clear Visit Object

            Is there a way for me to null out a visit object if, for
example, a given user logs out of a specific browser? In this case the
session lives on, but the visit is over. I'd rather just null out the visit
object than have to manually reset all the visit properties to logon
defaults, so if there's a quick and easy way to do that, could anyone point
me to it?

            Thanks,

            --- Pat

Re: Clear Visit Object

Posted by Michael Echerer <me...@tngtech.com>.
Patrick Casey wrote:

>             Is there a way for me to null out a visit object if, for
> example, a given user logs out of a specific browser? In this case the
> session lives on, but the visit is over. I'd rather just null out the visit
> object than have to manually reset all the visit properties to logon
> defaults, so if there's a quick and easy way to do that, could anyone point
> me to it?

The IEngine has a setVisit method... Just set it to null. Moreover you
could grab the HttpSession deep from the
IRequestCycle.getRequestContext() and invalidate the session (and
forward to some page...)