Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Igor Kazarnovski <ik...@hotmail.com> on 2003/05/05 00:45:57 UTC

Jetspeed and WebSphere

Hi,

I'm planning to use Jetspeed as portal software in our project. The goal of the project is to develop a framework for automatic generation of portlets based on design templates defined by developers. At first we wanted to use WebSphere Portal but since we currently have no stable test environment we decided to begin with Jetspeed. The decision was made with a view to the fact that WSP Portlet API supposedly based on the Jetspeed Portlet API. But today I have determined that many classes from org.apache.jetspeed.portlet package which are used in WSP API are absent from Jetspeed API. Can somebody explain why this package is not inside of Jetspeed distribution?

Thanks in advance!!!

Igor