Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Liu <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2003/03/13 05:27:39 UTC

Why can't I use my CA-generated certificate for tomcat SSL?

I know how to use keytool to generate a self-signed
certificate and run Tomcat with SSL.

I want to use a certificate that is generated by my
little Java program which is part of my Certification
Authority.

So I have my little Java program generate a X509
Certificate called cert4ca.cer.

Then I deletee the tomcat certificate in my keystore
and successfully imported cert4ca.cer into my keystore
as alias tomcat.  See the attached file cert4ca.cer.
It's a valid one, otherwise, I would not have been
able to import it into my keystore.

After I launch tomcat, I can visit http://localhost,
but not https://localhost.

However, I am able to visit both http and https if I
use the certificate generated by keytool.

So, would you please give me a hint, how can I use the
certificate generated by my little Java program to run
tomcat with SSL?

Thanks a lot in advance.

http://webhosting.yahoo.com