Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Is...@ny.frb.org on 2002/07/16 16:00:19 UTC

Need help with configuration

Hi all:

I'm new to log4j so I wonder if anyone can help me with this.  I set up
logging using a property file and I seem to get an error each time I try to
log.

Here is the property file:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, A1

log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%5p [%t] (%F:%L) - %m%n

log4j.logger.org.frb.ny=INFO

The path org.frb.ny is the base path to all the classes that would need to
log.  The class that issues the following statements is called
org.frb.ny.servlet.DispatcherServlet:

Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(this.getClass().getName());

PropertyConfigurator.configure(myProperties);

logger.warn("This is a warning!");

When I run it, I get the following messages on the console:

log4j:ERROR Attempted to append to closed appender named [stdout].
WARN [main] (DispatcherServlet.java:137) - This is a warning!

Does anyone know why the log4j:error is being thrown?

Thanks

Isaac