Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by th...@gmail.com on 2009/06/26 17:15:23 UTC

Re: Re: 'Grouping' documents so that a set of documents is passed to the view function

Brian,

Could a better approach be to use an ETL tool such as Jasper or Pentaho to
perform the analysis and either use them to display or load another CouchDB
or MySQL instance for viewing the data ? I would instead opt to perform
analysis with a Business Intelligence suite, unless the reporting solution
needs are fairly basic, since he mentioned growth would be a factor. Growth
could be accounted for within a Data Warehouse, separate from CouchDB, or
kept inside it. Something to consider. But my background is in Enterprise
architectures & scaling.

-Thad