Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by David Pankros <dp...@miragy.com> on 2005/07/27 22:58:55 UTC

[js2] Problems with Win2k3 server?

Well I installed SP-1 and some security patches on one of our Windows
2k3 testing boxes and tried to launch jetspeed2.  The only thing I now
get in response when I open a web browser and try to open Jetspeed is
“Failed to find the JPT Factory on portlet initialization.”  Mind you,
this installation DID work before the Windows2k3 SP-1 “upgrade.”  I’m
using JBoss 4.0.1sp-1 with a Jetspeed2 m4 snapshot from a few weeks ago.

For kicks I copied the whole JBoss directory from a server that is
working (not 2k3) to that same problematic one.  I still get the same
error.  In the past, this always worked.  I know the Jetspeed build is
OK and it’s configured correctly.

I’m in the process of turning of some of the new “features” to get it to
work again, but I’m curious if anyone else has tried this and/or had the
same experience.  If so, how did you get it to work again?

Dave

RE: [js2] Problems with Win2k3 server?

Posted by David Pankros <dp...@miragy.com>.
In a last-ditch attempt to get it working, I tried removing SP-1 of
Windows 2003 this morning -- it did not rectify the problem.

I was looking at the source and noticed that it's coming from the
Jetspeed Power Tool (JPT) factory not being found in
org.apache.jetspeed.portlets.layout.LayoutPortlet:

jptFactory =
(JetspeedPowerToolFactory)getPortletContext().getAttribute(CommonPortlet
Services.CPS_JETSPEED_POWERTOOL_FACTORY);

This may be better targeted at the dev list, but since I started the
thread here, I'll try this list first.  Does anyone know where and when
should this get initialized? I'm not getting any exceptions early on
that indicate something wasn't initialized correctly.