Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Nasby, Ronald (C)(STP)" <ro...@guidant.com> on 2001/02/12 22:14:39 UTC

Compiling samples and own apps with MSVC 6.0 SP3/4

Is the documentation in the latest Win32 distribution of 1.0 correct?

Should I use Xerces 1.3?

Is MSVC++ 6.0 with SP3 a viable configuration to compile my applications
that use both Xerces and Xalan?

I've seen suggestions of upgrading MS's Standard Library with Dinkum's
Library etc, in the mail archives.

Similar to thread #6799 I've encountered problems with running a recompiled
version of the SimpleTransform.

Debug assertion Failure file dbgdel.cpp line 47 Expression
_BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse)

Call stack
operator delete(void * 0x00bdc440) line 47 + 81 bytes
XERCES-C_1_3D! 1203294e()
XSLT! 004a92fa()
SIMPLETRANSFORM! _controlfp + 4610 bytes
mainCRTStartup() line 338 + 17 bytes
KERNEL32! 77f1ba3c()

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.