Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Ramon Buckland <r...@thebuckland.com> on 2006/05/26 05:38:11 UTC

Running SM in IBM Websphere

Hi Peoples,

Currently we are working with ServiceMix and want to know
the status or RoadMap (if there is any) for having ServiceMix
deployed in Websphere Application Server (5.1 or greater)

I have found the following mail threads
[no replies] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.servicemix.user/393/focus=393

This following Thread Back in November last Year
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.servicemix.user/514/focus=514
discusses that WAS 5.1 cannot handle it because it does not allow access to
create Threads. Is this still a requirement from SM perspective ?

I suspect that the JCA architecture is the correct way to configure this.
Does anyone have any experience in this area, or for the developers, what is
involved to have this type of deployment setup ?

Regards
Ramon

Re: Running SM in IBM Websphere

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK, WebSphere is quite restrictive.  I'm not realy sure of the best way
to integrate SM in WebSphere :(
Maybe a webapp would be the easiest solution ?
I also suppose that you can integrate (non standard J2EE) services in
WebSphere, but I have no clue about how to do that ....
I guess the best way for you is to try and see. (main problems may be the
use of unmanaged threads for JTA and JCA resources).

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by ramon buckland <r...@thebuckland.com>.

Posted by KBerthelot <kb...@edgenet.com>.
I'm really interested in a response to this question, since we work primarily
with large IBM shops.  Any compatibility issues with Websphere would likely
be a deal breaker for using ServiceMix.
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.