Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2006/03/06 23:02:17 UTC

Progress on 1.1/configid branch

Dain has been working on configuration reference counting.  This is
done for configuration load.  For configuration start it requires
implementing the "classes only" configuration dependency in order
that our builders can load the runtime configurations without
starting them so the packaging plugin will work.  Dain plans to
finish this up and implement the required children feature of
configurations so wars will be started with their ears.

I've made a start on the 2nd half of this effort, making version
optional in gbean references.  I've introduced an "AbstractName" that
basically has the configuration artifactId and a map of name parts in
it. AbstractName also holds the object name for the gbean.  There's
also an AbstractNameQuery.

I'm going to work on:
- separating the dependency and reference code in GBeanInstance/
GBeanDependency/GBeanSingleReference
- making single gbean references resolved in the preprocess phase of
need to look around.
- the object name construction for an abstract name is currently
confused.  The object name should be constructed by  the builder, not
when the configuration is loaded.

The 1.1 build is currently broken around security-builder.  After the
work above is completed I'll continue fixing the build.

thanks
david jencks