Posted to kato-dev@incubator.apache.org by Steve Poole <sp...@googlemail.com> on 2009/06/16 00:01:46 UTC

Build update

1 O'clock in the morning and all's well -   Finally I have all the
implementation code (including the jvmti agent) , demos and eclipse plugins
building on hudson.  I've used Maven to do the heavy lifting and things look
good.    Still got the TCK to add in but thought I'd share the good news so
far.

Now I've got this far I want to look at making the experimental branch live
and copy it over to trunk.   Before I do that I'd like to make sure others
can extract and build too!.   Tomorrow I'll post build instructions and you
can have a go.

Steve

Re: Build update

Posted by Steve Poole <sp...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM, Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk> wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>   I've checked out and built everything on Ubuntu 8.04 on x86_64 on the
> command line. Builds cleanly - would like to run it.

Wahoo - a satisfied builder!

> The only issues I hit were:
>   Eclipse 3.5 doesn't work - you have to build against 3.4
>   Some dependencies needed installing - namely the compiler (gcc) and the
> python development libraries.

I suppose I have to admit that the python jvmti approach was not a good one.
Its great when its working buts its a chore getting it running.  I really
should turn the agent into a complete c implementation - ho humm.

Re: Build update

Posted by Stuart Monteith <st...@stoo.me.uk>.
Hi Steve,

Re: Build update