Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Christian Beikov <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/28 19:58:48 UTC

Apache CODI Bug in version 1.0.5

Hello guys!

I just found a "bug" in the CODI code and wanted to report that to you.
In The attachment you can find a maven WAR project that will show the
error when you try to access the page.
This occurs, because the session cookie of the webapp is configured to
be secure, but if you don't access the application via https you get
redirected forever.
The reason for that is of course, that no session is available at the
server side when the redirected request arrives at the server side.
The only solution to that is, to supply a specialized
WindowContextConfig#isUrlParameterSupported that returns false, but that
results in ViewExpiredException on Postback.

In my opinion CODI should somehow forward to an error page or so when
this kind of configuration happens or don't redirect to use window ids
at all.

Regards,
Christian

Re: Apache CODI Bug in version 1.0.5

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hi christian,

please file a jira ticket and attach the demo there.

thx & regards,
gerhard