Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Martin Geissler <M....@wika.de> on 2006/07/25 18:31:07 UTC

Building Trunk from snapshot tar

Hello,
today I have successfully build cocoon tunk (2.2).

This was a hard work for me, so I want to show some pointers for
others.
Perhaps someone will find this usefull.

My OS: Windows XP Pro
JAVA : Sun jdk 1.4.2_11
Maven 2.0.4
cocoon: cocoon_20060724041732.tar.gz

Step one maven:
configured the proxy,
configured anti virus scanner (java was not allowed to connect to the
internet)
configured mirror as described in readme.txt
Tried a little example from the maven tutorial, worked.

Step two: the cocoon*.tar.gz file:
Do not try to work with the tool filzip, won't work!
It seems that you got some folders out and no error messages, but the
folder structure is
not applicable for maven to do something right.
After some guessing I tried it wit GNUTar to Un-tar the tar file.
The folder structure is correct now, but the last letters from some
filenames are dropped!?
Example: Something.jav instead of Something.java,
also occures with: *.xma, *.xs, *.j, *.xm -files (Right should be
*.xmap, *.xsl, *.js, *.xml)
(Perhaps GNUTar is also not the correct tool?)

After correcting most of this misspelled file-names,
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true install
mvn cocoon:deploy
and
mvn jetty6:run
worked!

After a first look I have  found this message
FATAL: Could not load 'cocoon.forms.CFormsForm'; last tried
'__package__.js'
at this side
http://localhost:8888/blocks/cocoon-forms-sample/form1
But today I have no more time to investigate this further.

Regards

Martin