Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Vyacheslav Zhakov <zh...@genesyslab.com> on 2001/10/31 07:46:05 UTC

Connection: Keep-Alive

My goal is to keep connection between soap4j client and a SOAP server. I
extended class SOAPHTTPConnection in order to define additional header
element "Connection: Keep-Alive". The client hangs up in this case, because
standard implementation hangs up in constructor ByteArrayDataSource:

        while (true){
            len = is.read(buf);
            if (len < 0)
                break;
            os.write(buf, 0, len);
        }

Did somebody try to avoid this without re-implementing too much code?

Thanks.

Re: Connection: Keep-Alive

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@computer.org>.
I do not know of anyone who implemented Keep-Alive.  You should be able to
do it without adding too much code, but you will have some performance hit.
Basically, you must read the header information to get the Content-length,
then you can read the body by reading that many bytes.

Scott

Re: Connection: Keep-Alive