Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Ken Turner <ke...@kbturner.co.uk> on 2008/01/02 11:22:05 UTC

Re: Strange behaviour with StarTeam

Dan

I've had a look at your snapshot file
maven-scm-provider-starteam-1.1-20071231.234738-4.jar.  What I did was to
download it into my C:\continuum-1.1\apps\continuum\webapp\WEB-INF\lib
directory, and renamed the 'old' version to
maven-scm-provider-starteam-1.0.jarhold.  As I mentioned earlier I'm very
new to Java stuff, so I'm not clear about the mechanism employed to pick up
all the required library files, so after restarting the Continuum webapp, I
attempted to rename the snapshot file, and Windows complained that it was
already in use, so that assured me that the application was indeed picking
it up correctly.  I hope that makes sense!

However when I then attempted some builds, I'm still seeing the same errors
:-(.

Re: Strange behaviour with StarTeam

Posted by Ken Turner <ke...@kbturner.co.uk>.
Oliver

I wasn't very sure how to go about "using the full distrib" as requested,
but here's what I did:

1. I downloaded continuum-20080102-120000.war into my directory
C:\continuum-1.1\apps\continuum\lib

2. I amended my application.xml file so that webapp.file pointed to
continuum-20080102-120000.war

3. I deleted the contents of my
C:\continuum-1.1\apps\continuum\webapp\WEB-INF\lib directory.

4. I restarted the Continuum webapp, and confirmed that the contents of
continuum-20080102-120000.war were now populated into
C:\continuum-1.1\apps\continuum\webapp\WEB-INF\lib

5. I tried some more builds.
So far I have been unable to reproduce the error;  it looks as though you
have solved the problem :jumping:

Many thanks for your help!

Re: Strange behaviour with StarTeam

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Please use the full distrib.

Thanks.
--
Olivier

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
The maven-scm version used by continuum has been updated in the trunk.
You can use the builds here :
War: http://maven.zones.apache.org/~continuum/builds/trunk/continuum-20080102.120000.war
Standalone app:
http://maven.zones.apache.org/~continuum/builds/trunk/continuum-20080102.120000.tar.gz

Thanks to update/close the issue CONTINUUM-1521 if it works fine.