Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Michael Hartmeier <Mi...@softwareag.com> on 2004/01/06 11:07:11 UTC

Re: servlet context or session object from store

I'm not the security expert in our group, but I can describe how we
access the principal: We wrote a SecurtiyStore which implements
connect like this:

    public synchronized void connect(CredentialsToken credentialsToken)
       throws ServiceConnectionFailedException
    {
        Store store;

        if (isConnected()) {
            // Slide issues multiple connect call for the same store in
the same
            // thread. We process only the first
            return;
        }
        if (credentialsToken != null) {
            principal = credentialsToken.getPrincipal();
        } else {
            // no suitable credentials to connect -- do nothing
        }

        [store principal "ThreadLocal"]
    }

Principal has to be stored "ThreadLocal" because there are different
credentialsTokens for different requests ...

Michael

Posted by Mike Oliver <ol...@matrix-media.com>.
I see so your custom store implements SecurityStore as well as NodeStore
and ContentStore  and "principal" is a member variable?

Ollie